At Pedalheads, the safety of our camp participants (campers, instructors and supervisors) is always our first priority. We understand that many parents may have general concerns regarding the current COVID-19 respiratory illness and potential implications for their Pedalheads program.
In developing a COVID-19 action plan and response, Pedalheads is actively monitoring and following the guidance of public health agencies across North America. These include the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) along with regional and local public health agencies. This may lead to decisions regarding to delays, or cancellations of programs but are made in the best interest of safety.
As an organization, we are hopeful that if we all do our part, we will help flatten the curve. This is a constantly evolving situation and we would like to thank all of our parents for their understanding and patience during this difficult time.
Keep up to date with the latest updates around commonly asked questions about Covid-19 with regards to Pedalheads.
Our full intention is to run camps this summer and we are being as innovative as possible to make that happen. As a team we have been working diligently to adapt our camp programming and operational plans to meet or exceed the anticipated health and safety guidelines being developed by governments and health professionals. If it is necessary to cancel specific locations or weeks this summer, we will advise parents a minimum of two weeks prior to the scheduled start date of camp and offer full "no hassle" credits and/or refunds without fee at that time.– Updated on May 1, 2020
Until the end of summer 2020 our cancellation fee will be reduced from $50 to $25 per registration. In addition, we will only require a minimum of one week (7 days) instead of two weeks (14 days) notice for any cancellations. If you call to cancel your camp/lessons less than 7 days before it starts, you will not be eligible for a credit or refund unless a camp cancellation is initiated by Pedalheads.
In the event of a program cancellation initiated by Pedalheads, we will advise parents a minimum of two weeks prior to the scheduled start date of camp and offer a full "no hassle", credit or refund (without fee) to the original form of payment. All impacted individuals will be directly contacted by Pedalheads.
Our March to June Spring Swim session is now officially cancelled. All impacted families are eligible for a full credit or refund without fee. If we are able to re-open for a short spring session, we will be in contact directly with parents.– Updated on April 20, 2020
While we anticipate further guidance and details for your specific Health Authorities, we are already making plans for a heightened level of health and safety at our summer camps. These include:
More detail will be provided around these new safety measures at summer camp. Separate additional measures will be shared for our swim lessons at a later date.
We will be running our Phase 1 Re-opening of our Vancouver Arbutus pool starting May 25. All other pools are currently still closed until June 2020.– Updated on May 12, 2020